Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"Personal views" of Carl Icahn on the market

As wrote Carl Icahn on square Table of shareholdersPersonal views on reporting on my remarks re markets and APPL at the Reuters SummitReuters has been quite accurate that I am concerned about the level of the market.  But I made it clear on the conference call (and I believe that he told Reuters), that it is practically impossible to predict what will make a market in the short term.  There are too many variables.Often when we are concerned about the market, cover us up to a certain point, and it is one of those moments.  Interestingly, our investment fund had an annualized return of about 27% since January 1, 2009, and this return would have been larger if we had not covered.  As I have often said, collection of short-term market movements is like predicting how many sevens player of hot"will continue to roll.Apple, I told Reuters, I believe that Apple is not a Bank and that a big redemption must be implemented, but also taking advantage of the other ways that money can be made more productive.  While I do not ingest, at the risk of being pretentious, I think that in the area of capital there is very little that better then us and we hope to be able to participate, as a significant shareholder, with Apple, in this area.Average: Your rating: no Average: 3 (4 votes)

No comments:

Post a Comment